Joy of Real Togetherness

Posted by Unknown on 11:59 AM with No comments
We live in a City where our lifestyle is dictated by long office hours, traffic ridden travelling.We put on weight by eating the fast food because we don't have time, But  then have to find time to go to Gym because we have put on a weight.Our forefathers  came to cities to earn money and now we spend money earned in the city to go village to find peace.This  is the  real irony of life.

Vacations give us time  to connect with nature.We find peace  and calmness. In these smart phone-era we are hardly in our own zone, rather constantly searching for WiFi.Hills, Rivers, Gardens, Trees, Sea, Waterfall makes us realise that simple things give us happiness.

I fondly recollect my last  Family vacation to Ladakh which is called the barren beauty. Vegetation is sparse in Ladakh in barring few wetlands.Ladakh is defined by the Long Road trips to take from one place to another. Clear Skys and Greying mountains welcome you everywhere you go. And All the pictures which you thought were photoshopped  turned out to be real.It's unbelievably beautiful.

When we reached Nubra valley  we were pleasantly composed of rugged lofty ridges interspersed  white sand dunes, spectacular snow peaked mountain and glacier melted rivers streams.The Resort which we were supposed to stay was mind blowing. It was built on the theme of organic farming. All food was grown in-house. 

My nephew who had never seen Fruits laden trees was awestruck.I told me stories of my childhood. There was a time when Mumbai was not concrete jungle as it is today. How we friends used to go to this place near a pond, which was full of trees of Jamun. how we used to climb trees to collect jamuns and distribute it among ourselves.My nephew was impressed with the idea.He asked me a question. Whether I can climb trees? Till that time, Even I had not  fancied that idea. Still looking at his enthusiasm I told him, why not!

So now the team of uncle-nephew ventured out to find trees which were safe to climb. We found an apricot tree in the farm. Which was of medium height. I helped my nephew climb it. Guiding him the path .ensuring that he is not off balance.I had also  warned him of bruises which were part and parcel of tree climbing.I gave him confidence that. The branches were not too high once he managed to sit I gave him support.He was happily plucking apricots from trees.It was an adventure for him. An experience which he will remember for a long time.

Then we spotted a swing built in the corner with the rope. I told him whether you want to try the swing. He had seen a swing in a garden but never swing made of rope with no proper seat. We had the gala time on a swing. Even I tried my hand at the swing. I remembered it was my one of my favourite  things during childhood.These moments brought fond memories of my childhood. This was the time when we created real moments of togetherness.



I came across the "Kissan" new campaign . of Kissanpur (See the video below) 







I could relate to this instantly.This initiative will go the long way in GREEN dream we see. Nature is only resort which will help us flourish.Please Click 


Kissanpur is the world that celebrates all things natural. Peppered with useful tips, rewards and fun activities the website pushes you and your kid back out into nature to grow fresh, ripe tomatoes! In fact, every bottle comes with a packet of seeds and a tomato-shaped cap that doubles up as a pot. Now, think of how excited the kids would be to start planting. Haina cool?









Categories: