Love Subhh-Arambh

Posted by Unknown on 1:11 PM with No comments




23rd January 2005 was date ,I got up @ 5 a.m to reach my maternal uncle home  for a house warming Puja .We need to reach at another end of the city or outskirts if I can call it.For me Navi Mumbai is out of Mumbai .Even Municipal authorities recognize these facts. But we Indians have some greatest disregard to geography of the city.I myself , was visiting city of my birth ,Mumbai after my 3 months in Delhi  where by I am posted as part of my new Job .This Tour to Navi Mumbai  ,led to Mumbai darshan My campus placement took me away from Mumbai so visiting city was special Housewarming was accommodated during my visit to the city so that  I should not miss a family event .
We reached early as expected with guest still about to come .Indian puja was on full swing with chants & sloks treating our ears and smoke from Agni kund burning our eyes, all our senses were tested for their limits.
Dressed in traditional Kurta pyjama little big for my 50 kg Ultra slim Frame.i was waiting for this” Family Event “ to end so that I can go to sleep ,my favorite past time .There entered a  girl with twinkle in her eyes I don’t know why my eyes were staring at her she came sat with guest in one corner of the room .Tagging her kid sister along she had those puppy eyes ,a bit baby fat and cute Dimple on her right cheek .I almost forgot the ear bursting mantras & tears forcing smoke and my Heart cried Love @ first sight.
I have acquired a reputation in our small community .It is not often a boy from community becomes Software Engineer  at young age of 22.I was talk of gatherings in any community event  more so when I am around .The buzz was going around among the guests .I had by that  time  found a new  cousin of cousins gang to pass my time .in between staring at my new found object of interest . In mater of time I was joined by Newly crowned her highness of my heart  herself .Group Discussion went personal we got introduced to each other .She was younger than me in the sense still studying .In pursuit of acquiring professional degree ,she of course asked advice from the new young achiever. I felt proud .


This moment is special when remembered in nostalgic manner today, At that time neither me nor Shakshi had ever thought we would someday will be planning to select our wedding attire together.






We found nostalgic and happy how far we had come from that day in 2005 .If you ask me in sleep I would have answered that question with equal precision,
I met (saw) Shakshi thereafter in June 2008 at community wedding .We kept staring at each other. We never spoke .Does she remember me ? I was still shy talking to girl specially approaching a girl at community function was out of question .A still orthodox gathering I would easily looked down upon.
Five  months later we remet at Wedding again This time it was different .it was common relative wedding .My whole family & her whole family was their ,including my matchmaker .My Maternal Aunt at whose housewarming I had met Shakshi 3 years ago .
I requested my aunt to whether I can talk to Shakshi . She to my surprise made Public announcement of my private desire .She called out Shakshi’s  Mom from 15 Feet away “Please allow him to talk to your daughter “.We were surrounded by at least 40 people who were all ears .I wished the scene from Ramayana came true where this earth separate to accommodate me inside away from all staring eyes .I even tried to remember magic mantra I had seen magician chanting to disappear in broad daylight .I even said it  silently .But I think it worked only with magic stick which unfortunately I didn’t possess at that time .I however ignored all this went ahead to talk to Shakshi .Running away would have only worsened my near embarrassing situation .I asked the obvious question does she recognize me? She said “no” then her counter question was more amazing “You are Software Engineer  na? ”.Which was contradicting her previous No .She then introduced me to her cousin Ramya who was standing beside her ,to avoid direct attention we are gathering from 20 odd crowd. Then we all took the awkward silence and conversation fizzled off . I had took my chance this time .it didn’t paid off .
I regretted I made the move .I wanted to know her more .but I think I took wrong route if I had approached her directly we would have better position.
The meeting ended with everybody having laugh at my expense. This incident is Shakshi‘s favorite she remembers it very well .She teases me every time for this embarrassing moment. Nostalgic moment  was never so charming as this one. At that time I closed my expectation from this relationship .Who knew 4years later we would be exchanging rings surrounded by all those people who put us in embarrassing situation that day .They all still remember it though.



https://housing.com/


 #StartANewLife

Categories: