Because I said so

Posted by Unknown on 10:52 AM with No comments

Are you going to meet me today ? I asked Sucheta .”Quite Difficult ! ;-( ,She Said with sad face .Its been three day, I miss you yaar .I protested . Baby I know. I miss you too !,She cuckooed me .

Managing your love life and your hectic job at same time is stressfull. Especially if you have to manage your Sweetheart Job as well .Sometimes you are busy ,Sometimes She is and these sometimes hardly coexist if you are in different sectors. You have to be supportive when she is busy & have to be accommodating  even when  you are busy.

I met Sucheta on trek I took along with trek group .I was sitting in the bus waiting for my friends to join at  pick up points. She came an asked whether she can take the seat beside me . I responded with a blunt No ,as I was expecting my friends to join me .We didn’t spoke further on that trek .But I rued my missed chance later .I was observing her throughout the trek .She was bubbly enjoying almost childlike passion along with her friends .Week later when trek group circulated the pictures on Facebook .One of the comment attracted my attention . It was from Sucheta Sharma. I immediately took a chance and added her as friend.  As a precaution I added couple of her friends too.

First one to accept my request was Prachi  Kapoor .She was part of  Sucheta’s group in trek  ,  quite free spirited I presumed . I had couple of chats with her exchanging the Pleasantries. Her facebook profile was interesting, full of travel all over India. I just envied that collection. I fail to get single vacation in the year and  she had half dozen a year at least .We started discussing  more about travel .She became  my guide for restaurant in city. Just have to message her about the place & I had full review which included dishes to have .

Sucheta too accepted my invitation .We switched from FB Chat to WhatApp to phone calls to Movie meetings. During course of such weekend meets, When we took much liking to each other we never  realized .We never proposed to each other .Prachi, her friend helped me at every stage . Sucheta’s favorite restaurant , Food , actors ,place ,gifts to buy .Prachi was selflessly behind my successful relationship with Sucheta .I would sense that she wanted Sucheta to be happy .Sucheta knew prachi was behind some of the secret information I am getting .Her relation with Prachi grew more sisterly .

One day when Sucheta  was almost in tears as was upset with her mother ,I just looked into her eyes and hugged her tight. I felt like heaven & I said never be sad I am there for you always .She melted in my hands & she embraced me tighter. Somewhere in the background Ajay devgn track played Pyar to hona hi tha ……or was it my imagination.

Sucheta was sensitive, independent and ambitious .She was bit aggressive and  her ambitious nature never let her loose argument .Sometime in relationship you have to let go but she didn’t .She was sensitive too she would get hurt if I stretched the argument further .But her love & care greatly engulfed her bit selfish nature but it didn’t keep our arguments at bay.

You will not be talking to Prachi any more ,Sucheta announced. I was stumped . I didn’t knew  what exactly transpired between them .My queries to what exactly happened were stone walled .Now this resulted in another argument . What exactly happened I asked for nth time . Sucheta said that’s you didn’t need to know .Why should I stop talking to her then ? Because I said so ,She said .

I was in two minds although sucheta was our bonding factor , Prachi I had developed friendship of our own .But Sucheta had given me ultimatum and I can’t overlook that treat .She was right in a way .Sucheta knew prachi for  long time the day when she started working & were closest friend .What happened between them was not entirely my business .I just wanted them to sort their differences.But I was in dilemma . I was banned from talking to prachi with immediate effect . Should I break the curfew.
I decided to let the time pass .I expected with time issue will die down .It didn’t . But by buying time I indirectly took the sides .I did what sucheta wanted me to do . didn’t speak to prachi .I was being selfish .It was she who had helped me getting close to sucheta and today I had ditched her for making my love life less argumentive .

One day I found prachi online she was still on my friendlist to which sucheta had not objected  till now.I decided to rebel against my hitlerish Girlfriend.  “Hi , long time no see “I messaged her on chat ,unsure of response. I guess you too didn’t want to talk to me after what happened with sucheta ,she shot back .

I felt guilty of my behavior. I asked her, what happened exactly ? She realized sucheta had not told me the story .She knew sucheta more than me , so she wasn’t surprised . In spite of that prachi didn’t tell me anything .She told me it was just another argument which got out of hand & was hopeful that they will sort it out soon. So what are you gifting Sucheta on Valentine’s day ? It’s your first Valentine day with her.I had completely forgotten that . But Prachi was angel in disguise .She helped me pick the gift & suggested how to make the evening more romantic. Show her how much she means to you , so that she wont have second thoughts ever . I thanked her for the advise.

Few weeks later, Sucheta asked to accompany me to her  office colleagues engagement. At lavish party surrounded by her office colleague I was obviously bored . When Prachi entered  , one of the office guys commented .Look at prachi these day stays to herself .Another colleague responded , Ya specially after fight with Sucheta . Oh why did they fought ? Because sucheta was getting friendlier with Akshay in office .I heard that conversation unassumingly. Prachi wanted me and sucheta together always and that’s what was reason for fights .Even the valentine day plan was precisely for this reason .I felt strange emotions rather apathy .Sucheta has such Loyal and caring friend she had no idea .In spite of the fight she didn’t complain about sucheta to me .Rather tried to make my relationship with sucheta stronger. She had fight with sucheta for me.I had unknowingly undermined my bonding with her.


I immediately walked towards prachi and greeted her .Thanked her for lovely advice for  Valentine plan .I told her, how much Sucheta liked her idea .As I was having conversation I would sense Sucheta staring at me shockingly . When I joined her few minutes later, She said ,I told you not to talk to her. When I don’t say what you should do or not do I expect you to be tolerant of my choices with people .Hence forth please let me be my own Judge about people .Why? , She asked in disgust .Because I said so , was my reply  


This post is a part of Write Over the Weekend, an initiative for Indian Bloggers by BlogAdda.
Categories: