Navigate - through Jungles

Posted by Unknown on 5:56 PM with No comments

I was packing my bags in the hurry . I need to reach in Time for my flight to Kolkatta. My visit to IIM Calcutta was my first, Although I had visited Kolkata many times before I was always as my transit to Tata Nagar and back.I remember Once I was hold up in Kolkatta for two days due to lack of Flight From Kolkatta due to Sahara Airline Fiasco.

As I reached the airport .Good one and the half hour early as always. I am Over Punctual, as my friends call it. I make sure I keep the margin for optimum time. Most of the time although I end up waiting for everyone
So I check in my luggage .with Boarding pass in hand, I head toward my favorite place a bookstore.
.
I had ample time on hand.I have my companion  with me, my book.  I sat to wait for boarding. Occasionally  looking around if my flight had announced.

I was in for a long day I Guess. The flight which was supposed to take off at 4:30 P was no were at sight till 6:30 PM. I was bound to fate. After Fellow passenger fights and protest we were offered free food. Finally, The flight took off at 9:30 PM .good  five hours late.

by the time I checked out of Kolkata airport it was passed midnight.I hailed the prepaid taxi to my Guesthouse near IIM Calcutta. Being living in Mumbai  City that never sleeps I was alarmed when I didn't find a soul on the road. IIM Calcutta was in outskirts of the city.My Guest house was nearby.

Google Map showed me the turn which I was not able to spot on the road without street lights.I was navigating through and fro on the road Google map showing all kinds of a way but Just would find the right turn. Lack of proper lights made it difficult to spot the Hotel Sign Board.

After one hour and 6 trips of to and fro on the same road surrounded by semi-Jungle, I called up  Guesthouse. No landmark.No people on the dead road to find the direction in an unknown city.

Finally, I spotted one guy on a bicycle who was heading toward somewhere in the middle of nowhere.
Do you know the place.Like angle in disguise, he said he did. I finally made him sit in my Car .He was a navigating angle for me. With him around we reached the right place. on the same road which we circled 6 times without having a clue.

Finally reached my destination. IU thanked the Navigating angel. I offered him money, which he refused.It our job to help the tourist he said. Incredible India Indeed.


This blog post is inspired by the blogging marathon hosted on IndiBlogger for the launch of the #Fantastico Zica from Tata Motors. You can  apply for a test drive of the hatchback Zica today.