NaviGating through Hearts

Posted by Unknown on 12:09 PM with No comments
Student life has it charms and fancy.The start of a new course and the new set of books bring unique kind of joy.There is excitement about the proceedings. .It was one such day during my CA Course .I need to head for Institute in Town for Registration and collecting New Course Material.

Town and suburbs are two bifurcations only Mumbaikar will understand. Travelling to Town is always a pleasure. No Rikshaw on the road makes it bit heavy on your pocket . Especially if you are student dependent on your pocket money.

But Going by lanes of the marine drive, watching the old buildings  Like Bombay High Court, give you the sense of royalty. Even though you have born and brought up here you still feel the awesomeness in the air. The roads the feel is all different .You feel like grown up while navigating through nooks and corners of Churchgate.


I was excited and nervous.Inside the institute, you are treated like faryadis .After going through all the formalities .It was time for Collection of books. Like everywhere in India, I was greeted with the crowd. There is the line for everything  in India I wondered. Must be due to population or scarce resources.
Standing in line, I was doing my favourite past time. Observing people .That when I was awestruck by the presence of a pretty Girl. Wow, a pretty girl and Ca Course. Beautiful and intelligent . Now its understood that 19-year-old guy sees beautiful girl obviously, he wants to have reason to chat. But my  shy nature always finds me wanting in this talking to Girls.

Soon I collected my books and Regretted at the opportunity lost .I had nothing to lose still I was scared to make the move. Even if the attempt falls flats on the face it had no after effects. Why  cry over spilled milk? I thought.

Book were quite heavy and I had to travel in Best Bus. too much trouble I thought .I headed toward bust stop when I noticed my newly crowned princes of heart .waiting there too. Opportunity never knocks twice I heard. it was knocking again.

Lot of crowd had gathered at bus stop . Perhaps the bus was giving me another chance at the destiny i thought. I was thinking at option I have to strike the conversation . Of all the crowd we both were carrying huge packets of books . So we were much more in despair waiting than others . Should i ask her to share a Cab with me . It was logical excuse , i thought  but why only her when there were so many people around.I would be caught ,. Also it will public embarassment if she says no .I was in  Many minds and i once again could not gather guts to strike the conversation . You Fool!!!, even God must have said  to me that day.

And I cursed myself for being so shy .Just then Magic Happened.  Newly crowned  princes of  my heart walked up to me and asked WILL YOU SHARE TAXI with Me? .OMG,  now it must be divine intervention .'Just what Doctor ordered ", Ravi Shastri would have said if it was a cricket match situation. YES, I said  to her highness in a jiff, hiding my excitement.

As we were navigating through street of town i felt the air was cold . There was music in the air. I asked her name and her college name . we had the light conversation about study . It was simple pleasure of life when you are young. Just having a conversation with the girl gives you too much sense of self-belief. .It was a time when we didn't have mobiles . It was pre-facebook era hence chances of conversation in future were very bleak. I still valued  those moments   as navigating though street of Churchgate i had navigated through heart of someone.